Dry-O-Lite Deliquescent Desiccant
Dry-O-Lite, the industry-leading deliquescent desiccant, is a chemical drying agent specifically formulated for Rapid Prep’s single tower compressed air drying system and natural gas Pipeline Dryers.
Dry-O-Lite desiccant is a dense hygroscopic tablet that absorbs water vapor from streams of compressed air or gas. The surface of the Dry-O-Lite desiccant tablet dissolves slowly, forming a brine solution which drops from the surface. The tablet continuously dissolves, or deliquesces, until the absorbent desiccant is fully consumed.
In a properly-sized Freedom Dryer or Pipeline Dryer, Dry-O-Lite desiccant will establish a relative humidity of 55%, which equates to a dew point approximately 20°F lower than the temperature of the compressed air or gas at the inlet of the dryer.
DRY-O-LITE FEATURES & BENEFITS
- No Energy Consumption
- Prevents Condensation
- Indoor or Outdoor Use
- Prevents Wintertime Air & Gas Line Freeze-Ups
- Low Cost of Operation Relative to Refrigerated Dryers & Regenerative Desiccant Dryers
- ¾” Tablet
- Little or No Maintenance on Drying Equipment
- Available in 50 Lb. Bags, 50 Lb. Pails, 506 Lb. Steel Drums & 2,000 Lb. Bulk Bags
DELIQUESCENT DESICCANT APPLICATIONS
- Abrasive Blasting
- Portable Air Drying
- Low Pressure Gases, e.g. Digester Gas & Landfill Gas
- Remote Outdoor Locations Without Electricity
- Fuel Gas Dehydration for Natural Gas
- Ready-Mix, Asphalt & Concrete Plants
- Pulp & Paper
- Steel Mills
- Dirty Environments or Areas with Electrical Classification Restrictions